roselerner

Rose Lerner

I love books! I also write them. FYI: I use this space for recs of books I wholeheartedly love only. My recs are honest, but I have social relationships with some of the romance authors whose books I rec.

Dead Man Rising (Dante Valentine, Book 2) - Lilith Saintcrow I loved this one just as much as the first one. I adore Danny a stupid amount, I cried a bunch, and the end made me very, very happy. I loved the whole plotline with the school and the way the different characters dealt with the wounds they received in childhood. I loved Dante's insistence that she was grown up now, that she didn't have to be afraid--and how she was anyway, but she was still able to use her grown-up tools to deal with things. I loved how people other than Danny got to be heroes and fight back, too.

One small caveat: Danny kept calling Polyamour a "transvestite" when from the description and use of pronouns she was pretty clearly transgendered or transexual (a woman, anyway, not a man in women's clothes), and there were some things about her portrayal that I felt iffy about. But there were things I liked about it too. I hope she shows up more in the rest of the books!