roselerner

Rose Lerner

I love books! I also write them. FYI: I use this space for recs of books I wholeheartedly love only. My recs are honest, but I have social relationships with some of the romance authors whose books I rec.

Bound by Your Touch - Meredith Duran I have had such good luck with romances lately! This was just as good as everyone said it was, too. I loved the family stuff, its complexity and ambiguity, and I loved that there were no easy resolutions. I'm not sure how I feel about the end of the storyline with the hero's sister, but I'm hoping she'll get her own book eventually. The romance was brilliant and the reckless attraction between the protagonists was amazingly hot. This bit:

"She swallowed an animal urge: she wanted to press her face into his throat. Oh God she wanted to do it so badly she could imagine exactly how his skin would feel beneath her lips and nose. What was wrong with her?...The fit of his body against hers was causing something within her to unfold, to grow stronger and clearer as it developed. Like an anagram unriddling itself, or a maze slowly straightening. With her face against his neck, the darkness would be so complete. Her eyelids trapped shut by the warmth of his skin."

Wow. That's one of the best descriptions of intense lust that I've read in a while. I also laughed really hard at this:

"'You will not find your freedom in a bottle,' she said scornfully.

He looked up at her, his gray eyes sharp. 'And you will not find yours in books, or rules, or books about rules. But that hasn't stopped you from being damned smug about the effort.'"