roselerner

Rose Lerner

I love books! I also write them. FYI: I use this space for recs of books I wholeheartedly love only. My recs are honest, but I have social relationships with some of the romance authors whose books I rec.

Like Coffee and Doughnuts  - Elle Parker I really enjoyed this. Both the leads were very charming and believable, and the sex scenes were hot. I especially liked the banter and the main character's sarcastic, understated, big-hearted vibe. Very noir! I think my reservations had more to do with me than the book--I'm a sucker for best-friends-falling-in-love stories, and my favorite thing about the plotline is the hopeless yearning, combined with a conviction that the object of your affection just isn't into you that way. This story just didn't have much of that because the POV character actually never did think about his best friend that way (at least not consciously) up until the moment that said best friend actually made a move. But as I said, that's a personal preference thing. I'll definitely check out the next one in the series when it comes out, because I liked the writing a lot.